Sunday, September 29, 2013

Getting My Nails Did

I'm honestly not sure if I have said anything on here about it or not, but back in June, my mother promised me a post-Ironman pedicure for Father's Day.  I have never had a pedicure before and I'll be honest, I kind of always wanted one.  And why not?  I run a lot and my feet are basically one giant callus.  My toenails are rough and all jagged.  Plus, you get your feet rubbed and massaged.  Why would you not want a pedicure?  Yes, I understand the stereotypes and sexism beliefs that say men shouldn't get pedicures, but I could care less.  Hell, Snoop Dogg gets mani's and pedi's.  I am who I am, what difference does it really make if I choose to get a pedicure or not?

Either way, my mother, Sarah, and I went to the Salon & Spa on Friday evening.  I was a little nervous at first.  I felt a little out of place, especially with all the ladies staring at me, as to say, what the hell is HE doing here.  Sarah, was a little embarrassed, but was kind of excited to see what kind of magic they could do with my feet.  She said right off the bat, NO PAINT.  My pedicure started with soaking them in the warm bath thingy that wreaks of femininity.  Then, they take care of the nails and the dead skin around the nails and then grind off all the calluses.  Finally, the best part, the foot and calf massage.  Then, she asked me if I wanted paint....I thought what the hell!  First, this is probably my first and last ever pedicure, so why not.  Second, I thought it would be kind of humorous, just because.  Like I said above, just because I were to get my nails painted doesn't mean I am anyone different.  Frankly, that kind of thinking makes me angry.  I hate those who are homophobic or think men can only be one way and women can only be the other.  That just makes no sense.  So, I thought, maybe I can change one person's ideology by getting my toenails painted.  So whatever, I got black toe nail paint on my nails.  Will it become a regular occurrence, no.

So there you have it, my first ever pedicure.  Did I enjoy it, yes, very much so.  Will I do it again, who knows.  Will I get my toenails painted again, probably not - that's a first time kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment