Monday, December 16, 2013

'Tis the Season

Christmas is in full swing in the Kohl household!  Sarah has had the house decorated since Thanksgiving, our Christmas tree has been up since December 3rd, and it has been snowing like crazy here in Wisconsin.  I must admit, I usually don't get into much of a "Christmas spirit," until lately.  It seems like every since my daughters have started to really get excited for Christmas, I too, have started to appreciate the holiday for what it is.  A time to enjoy time with family and friends celebrating Christmas.  Yes, I still feel Christmas is over-commercialized and it seems that the true meaning of Christmas has twisted into a semi-commercialized belief of giving "just the right gift"... from their company, of course.  But, regardless, this Christmas has been fun thus far and I must admit, I feel like the Grinch, whose heart grows three sizes almost in a matter of minutes.  Between the Elf on a Shelf, nightly Christmas stories, the excitement over something as simple as Christmas lights throughout the neighborhoods, and all the anticipation for "the Big Day," I have been left with an increase love for the Holidays.  Below are just a few photos from our holiday activities.


 





The Elf on the Shelf

Blizzard stole the camera and took a bunch of Selfies...or "Elfies"
Snow angels in sugar.

Drawing mustaches on pictures.

Dinner with the Princesses.


More Elfies...
Joy riding with Ariel.
Another "Elfie"

No comments:

Post a Comment