Sunday, July 27, 2014

Packers 1k Kids Run

I only found it to be fitting that if I am going to jump on my blog to pump out race reports for each race that I complete, I should do the same now for my daughters as they begin racing.  Well, maybe not quite a full fledged race report, but at least a short post with some pictures.

This past Friday night the Green Bay Packers hosted a kids 1k run as a kid only event before their 5k race on Saturday morning.  This was the first ever race my kids have done that had absolutely nothing to do with any race I have run.  It was also the furthest race either Delaney or Maya have ever run, as most kids runs are a quarter mile.

The route for the kids run was pretty simple.  We started out in the parking lot and would run into Lambeau Field, do one lap around the on the field and then finish back out in the parking lot.  I was curious to see how far Maya would be able to run and just made the assumption that Delaney wouldn't be able to make the entire distance.  We also had my Godson, Bradyn who was staying with us this past week.  He was also pretty excited to run a race at Lambeau, especially with how much is dad is a fan of the Packers.

All three kids surprised me with being able to run the entire distance non-stop (not counting the forced walking breaks due to congestion).  We even spared a few seconds to do a couple Lambeau-Leaps!  When it was all said and done, the kids run was a blast!  The kids had a great time running and even got their own individual medals.




No comments:

Post a Comment