Friday, February 27, 2015

TRT - V1

First off, let me explain the title.  TRT V1, simply stated is an abbreviation for Totally Random Thoughts, Volume 1.  I enjoy writing on my blog but often find myself rambling on about everything that has happened in over a month's time.  So, from now on, other than my training/racing updates, I will do my best to write up a quick and short TRT blog giving my a place to do just as the title says, throw down some totally random thoughts.  They could stretch as far as current events, politics (doubtful), things my family has been up to, etc.  I will try to get these out on or around my off days from work or whenever I feel like it...I'll just keep it totally random.... So, without further adieu....

Governor Scott Walker Compares Protesters to ISIS

First off, are you kidding me???  Evidently our very own "Beloved" Governor said that if he can handle thousands of union protesters he can handle ISIS.  What a freakin' idiot.  I seriously don't know what to say, how can anyone, let alone a potential presidential candidate compare terrorists to people who are basically peacefully demonstrating their opinions against a policy he is directly responsible for?  IMO, it just goes to show his complete ignorance and is a prime example why I can't stand politics.

Green Bay Police Officer Gets Stabbed Responding to a Welfare Check Call

This is just another example of the potential dangers officers face on a daily basis.  My heart goes out to all involved, and yes, including the family of the suspect that was shot and killed as a result.  Its a sad truth of the what an officer faces.  Officers never want to be the one who is put in the position to use deadly force, but they have to do what it takes to stay safe and protect the community they serve.  In the end, I am happy to hear the officer that was stabbed is doing well physically, and hope he can recover mentally after the altercation.  Here is a link to the media report: http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/local/2015/02/24/shooting-reported-green-bays-west-side/23971051/

My Birthday is Only Days Away!

Hard to believe, but in just a couple days, I will no longer be a 30 year old, but 31.  It's crazy how fast time goes.  I was looking at my kids the other night as we all sat around the dinner table and was taken back at what my life has become.  I am eternally grateful for what I have been given, but I wonder where the hell time has gone?  It feels like just a couple years ago I was living in La Crosse with my closest friends and living a "difficult life," full of homework and tests.  If only I knew what a busy/hectic/stressful life was really like....  One of my newest "things" I want to do on or around my birthday is to run my age.  Last year on my birthday, I ran 30 miles.  It was fridged and long, but I did it.  This year, I am struggling to find time to schedule a day to run 31 miles on.  Between Maya playing soccer on Saturday mornings and Harper's 1st birthday party and having only a couple weekend days available, its hard to dedicate 5 hours to only running.  Plus, the weather lately has just been bone chilling cold.  Like below zero cold.  I think what I might do, is run my age in the late spring when the weather is much more tolerable and I can get to a park and run on trails.  This way, it will allow me to be much more flexible in scheduling a date to do the run on and make it more enjoyable since it will be nice outside.  I still may get out this weekend or next weekend and pound the pavement for 31 miles, but we'll see....

For my birthday this year, we are going out with our families on Friday night for fish and then coming back to our place for cake and games.  On Saturday Sarah and I are going out with our friends to Houdini's Gastropub in Appleton, which is a restaurant I have been wanting to go to for a long time.  I'm just looking forward to spending time with my family and friends to celebrate another year in the books. 

This Damn Dress

Seriously, how dumb, but I have been looking at this damn dress all morning just trying to see a black and blue dress.  All I can see is a white and gold dress.  Evidently it is indeed a black and blue dress, which just pisses me off more, as I can not see it...argh...
The middle picture is the original photo and the other two
pictures are the same photo with an adjusted white balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment