Monday, May 25, 2015

Happy Birthday Sarah

Sarah,

Today (May 25th) is your 31st birthday.  I really wanted to do something special for you today and I truly feel terrible that no one is around to be with you on your day.  I know the girls are all up north with your family and my family is gone to the lake.  Then there's me, who is stuck working 4:30pm-3:00am.  I doubt we'll actually physically see each other, other than the couple hours we get to spend together in bed sleeping before you wake up.  I wish I was there with you with you wake up to make you your favorite breakfast of eggs over easy, toast, and bacon, served with a warm cup of coffee.  I wish you didn't have to work, on Memorial Day, on your birthday.  I wish the girls and I could spend the day with you spoiling you and making hand made birthday cards for you.  I wish I could take you to the moon and back to show you how much I love you.  The truth is, you're stuck at work, I'm either sleeping or at work, and our families are all out of town.  So you are stuck alone on your very own day.  I feel terrible.  So other than the tangible things I got you for your birthday this year, I got you one thing that will last forever - Your very own song.  Over the last few months or so I have been working along with singer/songwriter and all around talented musician, Rome da Luce.  I gave him the story of us and our family and described our relationship and how much you mean to me.  Rome took it from there and came up with this....I hope you like it....and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAR!!!!


Forever in a Moment - Rome da Luce

Long before I met you
We were such a pair
Two birds held in Amber
Even god wouldn't dare
To tear us apart

I got so excited
We could not ignore
We came to play this out
This life we've been living for
Right from the very start

I could hold forever in a moment with you
Forever in a moment
Together 

Don't let's be too hasty
Don't let's be too brash
Don't let a moment wasted
A lifetime in a flash
But with you I transcend

And as we watch them dreaming
The angels that we made
There's nothing more I'm needing
But to know how to remain
In a love that never ends

I could hold forever in a moment
With you Forever in a moment together

So when will we meet again?
Two fish in the sea, unlikeliest of friends
I will be there when you need
I will find you. You'll see.

I could hold forever in a moment
With you Forever in a moment together

Check out more of Rome da Luce's work HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment