Sunday, October 13, 2013

Maya's 4th Birthday

I have now been a father for 4 years.  It's still hard for me to wrap my head around that fact.  At times it feels like I've been a parent for way longer than 4 years and others, it feels like it has gone by in the blink of an eye.  Any way you look at it, my oldest daughter is now 4 years old and is her own little person.  For her birthday this year we planned a dual birthday party for both her and her cousin (our godson) Bradyn at a local hotel/water park.  Bradyn's birthday is 2 weeks after Maya's and is his 5th.  They are and always have been best buds when ever they are together.  We had a large party on Saturday afternoon and spent majority of the time in the pools, which the kids absolutely loved.  Later that night we had each Sarah's family and my family over for the last fire of the year.


Sunday was Maya's actually birthday.  We had made plans to go to Meuer Farm in Chilton, WI, during the mid morning- early afternoon.  After sleeping in Sarah bought the girls a special breakfast - doughnuts.  Maya then opened her presents from her Mom and Dad and then we were off to the Farm.


While at Meuer Farm, we did a hay ride through the forest and farm land.  


Did a huge corn maze.

Played with a water pump duck race.

Played on a hay fort.  Saw your typical farm animals.  Played in a corn pit (think sand box with corn kernals).  And Went down an 80' tube slide.


Even though we had a great birthday weekend, it's still hard for me to think that I am the father of a 4 year old.  Now, only a few more months until I turn 30 and officially become and old man.  Also that month I will becoming a dad for the third time, as Sarah is due with our third child in late March.  Undoubtedly, it's going to be another girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment