Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hiking at High Cliff


I've written about High Cliff State Park in the past.  Usually due to the annual Half Ironman Triathlon held there every June.  This time I would be there in a different capacity.  I brought my daughters there to go hiking.  It's something I have always wanted to do, but just never done.  The past couple days have also been something different for me.  It's the first time I have had a weekend off from work, with no large training plans.  I got to make plans around my daughters instead of my training.



First, Maya had her first dentist appointment, after which we had to run a couple of errands and then it was off to High Cliff State Park.  While at Hobby Lobby I found a bracelet kit and we decided that would be a great afternoon project for the girls and I.  


While at High Cliff, we went on a nature hike, taught Maya about Indian Burial Mounds, went rock climbing, had a picnic, and climbed to the top of the observation tower.  It was an absolute blast!  The girls had so much fun.  


After we High Cliff, we headed home and Delaney took a nap and Maya and I made some bracelets and necklaces.  It was a perfect end to a perfect day with just Dad and his daughters!




Also, on Sunday we spent the day picking apples at Spranger's Orchard and picked a whopping 30+ pounds of apples!  Now, I get to make some applesauce.






No comments:

Post a Comment